Disney online order placed 1/8/15, shipped 1/12/15, delivered 1/14/15.The packing slip stated returns needed to be post marked 2/11/15.

I went in store on 2/12/15 for the return instead. They said because I had exceeded 30 days from 1/8/15, I was only allowed refund of the current sales price, not the price I paid. I Told them I was only a day off of the post mark date if I had shipped it back. Assistant manager said he could do nothing even after I offered to take the difference in store credit.

Was told and come back the next day if I wanted to speak to the store manager. I had expressed frustration on Twitter and Disney Store Twitter replied for me to email Guest Relations. I emailed a detailed account of what happened, included the order number, referenced the store I visited and who I spoke with. I get a response apologizing for the bad experience, and to send to a different email a copy of my receipt, my drivers license, full name, shipping address, email address, store location and return date.

Ridiculous that I have to jump through all these hoops to be credited money that is mine when Disney has the returned merchandise.

This is not customer service.It's a straight up screw job over $20.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of disney store customer care. Disney Store needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned disney store customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Disney Store.

Had an Experience with Disney Store?

Comments

Lake Elsinore, California, United States #1008049

Same thing happen to me today.We shop at disney for the experience.

The 30 day return policy is a joke! The disney retail stores should honor returns. This is a company that bestows a philosophy of magical experiences. A company that has a book about how to make a negative into a positive.

If the retails stores don't follow the same philosophy, then I'm sorry, you lost my business. I rather shop at Nordstrom where if I need to, I can return something a year later.

Please, disney retail, empower your staff!!!!Or you will lose your disney magic!

Yeah, the departments of weights and measures make the consumers rights rules and the company policies must follow those guidlines.Generally you are only honored current value for items beyond the receipts expiration date or no receipt at all.

Because the receipt is expired they would not be able to actually get the correct value of the items you purchased and would have to do a jo receipt return anyway. Essentially none of your consumer rights were violeted. Someone above the store manager level made a personal exception for you. Generally the policies are only in place to keep the store inventory in control and reduce shrink.

Policy enforcement also has to be fair and should be enforced on everyone.So personal exceptions even made on a general manager level can often get them in trouble or fired.

Next time follow the rules and you won't have to beg them to make an exception for you.